The commission shall hold the specific responsibilities set forth in the Book of Order (G-4.01, G-3.0103), and additional responsibilities as defined and delegated by the presbytery. The primary responsibilities will be:
- To coordinate the mission and program of the presbytery so as to:
- Provide a means of establishing goals and objectives for presbytery;
- Develop a mission strategy using the goals and objectives of presbytery;
- Review and evaluate the presbytery's mission in the light of its goals and objectives and vice-versa; and
- Review the effectiveness of the whole presbytery's mission.
- To oversee the health and welfare of the presbytery;
- To review the presbytery's life and mission in the light of G-3.03. At no time shall the commission transact business that properly belongs to the presbytery as a whole or to any presbytery standing committee;
- Provide for ongoing evaluation of the presbytery's mission programs;
- Carry out assignments as directed, from time to time, by the presbytery.